Monday, December 28, 2009

The Essence Of Black




With age comes wisdom. I’ve come to learn so many things about meanings of life, fashion, love, and understanding of many other things. Just this past year, I’ve reinvented myself. I’ve taken what G was before and did a full 180. I’ve done a lot of research of the color black and I’ve found out what it represents. Now I’ve dedicated to myself that I would wear only black, white, and grey. It felt only natural to me when I looked in the mirror wearing all black and say to myself that this is what G is about. To get a better meaning of why I’ve chose to do this statement, I’ve gathered some of the intel that I found when doing the research.  In my own opinion, I think black represents nothing, but deals with everything. The color black is all the colors united but not separated.


Nature of Black:


Black is the absence of color. In clothing, black is visually slimming. Black, like other dark colors, can make a room appear to shrink in size and even a well-lit room looks dark with a lot of black. Black can make other colors appear brighter.


Ultimate Dark:


Considered the negation of color, black is conservative, goes well with almost any color except the very dark. It also has conflicting connotations. It can be serious and conventional. The color black can also be mysterious, sexy, and sophisticated.
Black is not a color. It is the absence of all color. Black absorbs all aspects of light. While white reveals, black conceals. It is also mysterious, providing a sense of potential and possibility. We do not believe in the obvious or being predictable, as we learn and grow we want our collections to grow with us.


Black:


The Color of Sin: White and Black Are Perceptual Symbols of Moral Purity and Pollution
That’s what black gives you. Solid, grounded, powerful, in control, protected, shielded, confident, and fearless.




One Of G’z Favorite Quotes:
Color can do anything that black-and-white can. 
Vincente Minnelli 

No comments:

Post a Comment