Monday, January 4, 2010

"Thirty-3" Written: Sept.15,2009






I am owned by the year 1976, I am the property of August.
The sign that you read off me are those of a four legged feline.
I am born and raised in the misty fogs of San Francisco. 
Like the bible, my life has many chapters in it. Page after page of life stories and rediscoveries.
Let me tell you all who I am. Who “G” is, And what you already think you know. 
For those of you who think that they know who “G” is , you got another thing coming. Let me begin to explain my complex life. This poem, letter, or note was inspired by the “Hater In You”. There are allot of you out there who step to me about being cool and being on top of the world. I’ve been there, done that. The 4 Elements you ask? I’ve spun on my back and head, I’ve tickled the vinyl, and owned a couple of Krylon bottles. Nice cars? I’ve had 3. One muscle car, one import circa 95 when the import scene was big, and one SUV with the larger than life wheels at one point. Clothes? Let’s not really get into that. Let’s just say that I’ve inspired quite of few of you out there. My personality is based on “Swagger”. Friends or so called friends, I’ve known too many. I’ve simplified my life......”True Friends” and “True Enemies” that’s it.
To all of the kittens that I have scratched, I don’t regret any of you. To M,B,B,A,N,M,M,J,C,G,D you all know who you are, it was fun. Everything changes
though when you find the right cat. And that’s why I’ve walked down the long aisle of God’s house and professed my love in marriage. Money? I’ve got my own place, pay for all my own bills, and own my own car. What does that tell you? My inspirations in my life are the reflections in my eyes. Those that I see and feel that make the difference to me. I know some times I may disappear behind the shadows, but that's just because I’ve moved on to bigger and better things in my life. The more you get older you begin realize that there is
more to life than what’s on your feet or on your hip. It has always been a struggle for me to grasp life. I’ve always had to battle through it all, but what doesn’t kill you makes you stronger. I live with no excuses and love with no regrets. There comes a time when you have to choose between turning the page or closing the book. Getting old is mandatory, growing up is optional.




-G$-2009

No comments:

Post a Comment