Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Getting Old Is Mandatory, Growing Up Is Optional




Just this past year I’ve reinvented myself again. Hopefully this will be the last time I do so. From this point in my life I feel very content with who G is. It’s weird because I had thought I’ve grown into a man the day I got married, but I was wrong. 2009 into 2010 I went through a transformation. I began to realize and it hit me.... “ it was time to grow up”. Growing up is a very difficult stage in life in my opinion. It was a Tuesday morning not too long ago. I woke up and on that very day everything just hit me. I can’t really explain it but it was a feeling in my gut. It was like I reminisced certain thoughts on my past and what I’ve been through. It was a trip down memory lane, from who I have known in my past, the ex-girlfriends, friends, trouble I had caused my parents, being on top of the game, being popular. I guess you can say at that moment in my life that Tuesday morning, all of that BS didn’t matter to me anymore. Don’t get me wrong, all of those events in my life are what made me the man I am today. And I don’t regret anything I have done in my past. I’ve realized that I didn’t have to prove myself to anyone anymore. The only two people I have something to prove to is GOD and myself. It was time to take off the baseball cap and sneakers and put on the fedora and button ups you feel me?  Just the other week, I was watching television. And I was flipping channels, I was intrigued with this song and video by Jay-z. It’s the song “On To The Next One”. The lyrics in that rap song were so fitting to me. Jay-Z has a couple of song that I can totally relate to. Another song is “30 Is The New 20”. If you ever have time, Google the lyrics to both of those songs and read them, “It’s very en-lightning”. 


I feel it’s time to hang up my cool factor, and hand my trophies down to the younger generation. Everybody who really knows me, knows what I have been through and how
I stood in popularity, style & swagger. It was time to switch cigarettes to cigars, Hennessey to Champagne, G-shocks to Chronographs, Sneakers to leather tie ups. I’m at that point in my life where it’s time to enjoy the finer things in life and move forward.
I really thought I would be a kid forever, going out partying and drinking. But things do change. I will always have that kid in me at heart. Progressing into a man was one of the most life changing experiences that I had to go through. It’s hard to let go of being cool, now it’s more important to me to economize and put money into the right places and not be selfish to my family. It’s better to measure twice and cut once than to keep cutting, that’s something everybody needs to think about if it’s that particular time in your life. The reason why I decided to blog about this is because this was something that was important to me in my life and I wanted to express this to my fellow bloggers. As for my “ending blog quote”, it comes from the Ferris Bueller movie........”Life moves pretty fast, if you don’t stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.”



                                                                               -G- 

No comments:

Post a Comment